The Northwest Barony
- Imperial: The language spoken by the humans of The Empire.
- Regional Dialects: Each imperial province has its own dialect. These dialects tend to have a lot of similarities, but provinces that are further apart geographically will have more dissimilar dialects. for example, Emradan and Leodar have very similar dialects, but it is harder for the people of those provinces to understand the dialect of Bensfurd.
- The Old Tongue: Widely spoken centuries ago but now used only by the church, scholars, and some noblemen.
- Dwarven: Spoken by the dwarven clans. Unknown to humans until very recently.
- Elven: Spoken by the now-vanquished elves and studied by some human magic-users who desire to unlock the magical secrets it is commonly used to record.
- Voldir: Spoken by the people of Voldany.
- Akrusian: Spoken by the people of Akrusia.
- Dorosi: Spoken by the people of Doros and Karovia.
- Vursik, Hagoro, Brudian: Some of the many languages spoken by the barbarian tribes of The Greylands.